Healthy Living Eating Tips
- Hydrate: drink 2 litres of water daily non flavoured still and sparkling
- Make sure breakfast is part of your day. Protein based fills you for longer
- Increase your intake of fruit and vegetables – full of dietary fibre and antioxidants.
- Cut down on refined and processed foods like sugars, bread, biscuits, cakes, rice
- Reduce your alcohol intake. Alcohol is as calorific gram for gram as protein or carbohydrate.
- Reduce your caffeine intake as it retains fluid and interferes with iron and zinc levels
- Eat regularly – every 3-4 hours
- Make sure you have some protein with each meal. This will keep your blood sugars regulated and fill you for longer.
- Introduce more fish into your diet. Oily fish is a great source of Omega 3
- Use more nuts and seeds for snacks
- Eat plant based proteins more regularly – legumes etc..
- Consume more green vegetables, kale, spinach, broccoli etc..(unless you are on Warfarin)
- Use olive oil in preference to others which are highly refined.
- Avoid “Hydrogenated” foods as these are harmful “Trans-Fats”
- Remember low fat usually means high sugar. Be aware of labels.